Saturday, November 22, 2008

More bread and a Juicer!!!

Oops, I forgot to rotate this photo before I posted it. This is the two loaves of bread I got to bake this time with my new baking pans. The really big loaf is from the new pan I got at a kitchen supply store. It's actually a buffet "serving pan". It makes a really huge loaf of bread! I am so excited. I got it for only W5,ooo! About $5... I can make two loaves and it should last a week or more! This is the pan all by itself!
This is our new juicer we got from Costco this week. It's not as impressive as I was hoping for, but we knew that for $100, we would get what we paid for. It doesn't pull as much juice from the fruit as it should. I feel like it wastes too much. But it is really good for getting the kids to get more fruit (and veggies) in their diet and they don't even know it! They are just excited because they are getting juice. Now we just have to keep enough fruit in the house to make the juice.




2 comments:

angela said...

Hi Nikki

It was nice to hear from you!! We all were so excited to get your message. This is the first time I have been able to get to your blog since we came to Africa. Internet is not very good here. It takes forever to load a webpage with photos but I finally got it to load your page and even half the pictures showed up.

We were all reminded to pray for you guys and your work there in Korea. I pray that the Lord will comfort you in that big concrete city.

Blessings!!! I will be able to keep up with things when we get back home.

Angela

angela said...

Dear Mrs. Struthers,

This afternoon while mom was loading your blog someone called her away. She handed the computer to me and I made good use of the “couple minutes” reading news from your end of the world! I really enjoyed it! Mom had to beg for the computer back. The bread looks delicious! The pictures of the city –wow!, I can really visualize the reason for your claustrophobia! Living here we can hardly imagine life in such a huge city, but some of those buildings look very interesting!

After I finished looking at the blog I walked outside to continue digging the hole for the container that will come soon. The sky sprinkled on and off all day, but I soon realized that would change. The men grabbed the tools and hurried towards the house. Big drops of rain started falling. I nearly flew down the hill to help Mrs. Tall grab her still wet laundry off the line. The rain came faster and faster. I helped her scrub the last bit of clothes and then ran to the house . It really rains hard here. I came inside soaked, but we’ve hung all the laundry inside a line strung through the living room. I hope it dries before we have to pack to leave. We’ve had a lot of fun and many great experiences. Of course, we have had our trials too, but through them all we’ve learned a lot.

I am praying for you in all you have to face there. We miss you all.

Love,
Vanessa