Monday, November 17, 2008

Bread Pan!!!!!

Since finding good bread is nearly impossible here and when we do it's over $4 a loaf, I decided to start making my own. With the cost of whole wheat flour I guess is probably costs 1/3 or 1/2 the price of buying it, but I am really having fun making it. Today I got a really good deal on some whole wheat flour. I got 4,250 grams for $12. Actually, it was W12,000. :) Anyway, I have been adding many things to my bread. I have been grinding my own flax seed, millet and brown rice. The brown rice is a little corse, but it works in the bread. I also have been adding soy bean powder, and pumkin and sunflower seeds. Millet grinds pretty nicely and adds a nice nutty flavor. The bread is really hearty and heavy. We really like it. This is a photo of some rolls of dough that I baked in a nice round cake pan. In my later morning classes I have many ladies enrolled. I have been asking them if any of them have seen bread pans in the stores because I have had such a hard time finding them. So far I have been unsuccessful, so all of my loaves turn out wide and kind of flat. Today one of my wonderful gals brought me a bread pan and this round cake pan. They are really great! I came right home and baked a batch this afternoon! The pans are amazing! The silver one doesn't seem to be teflon, but the bread came right of it! It is my prized possession right now. I asked her where she found it and she said, "Near my home." But didn't offer up any other information. I will work on getting more info out of her later. For now I am taking her a loaf of fresh bread to show my appreciation.


This is the lovely and amazing bread pan before I even took the tag off. I had to take a photo of this momentous occasion. :) It looks smaller than a normal sized bread pan, but it's not really.


No comments: