Thursday, December 11, 2008

They're Eating It!!

As I have shared with many of you, I have had a really hard time getting the kids to eat much lately. They just aren't hungry for the good, hearty food that will help keep them healthy and growing.
But I decided to take on the task of making a good vegan pizza. Of course, to make it really well, I decided to make two different kinds of "cheese" sauce. I make the kind that is shreddable and the kind that is spreadable. I made a whole wheat crust and covered it with all kinds of veggies.
I didn't know how well it would go over with them...
This is the pizza in the oven.
These are the happy kids eating the first pizza that came out. I had three very small pieces of this pizza, and they ate over half of it in one sitting.

I think they liked it. We've decided this will be a once a week thing. Maybe we'll get Peyton's cheeks to round out again!



1 comment:

poppers said...

Hey, Peyton and Gracie,
It's good to see you two eating and enjoying that pizza, I'm going to see if Grammy will make me one like that, it looks really good!
Nice to see your smiling faces.
Love, Poppers