Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Airshow at Osan Air Base

A few Sundays ago, on the 11th, we went to an airshow at the American Air Base. We have some friends who went and invited us to go with them. We first rode a bus for about an hour and a half to a city we hadn't been to yet. Of course, I don't remember the name, because they all sound alike to me still. But I think the name was Suwon. We took a short taxi ride from the bus terminal to the base. This is the kids on the city bus in our city, Daejeon. We took this bus to the Express bus terminal here in the city. They each got a donut because our friends brought them for us. Gracie is still enjoying hers at this point. Peyton's was long gone. At this point we are about halfway through the line to get into the base. You can see the entrance way up there. It was a very long line. We had to have our passports and ID with us in order to get in.
One of the many aircraft that was out for viewing. Peyton was really excited about all of this.
We had a front row spot for watching the show. It was really pretty impressive. I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids did.
Peyton got to go up and talk to a pilot in this jet. He thought it was pretty cool!
It was a good day, but a really long one. We got back and found ourselves locked out of the building. We didn't get through the doors until 9:30 or so. Of course we had to clean up and get everything ready for the next day. That was a really difficult Monday, but it was worth it. We got to see some beautiful countryside and experience something that we haven't seen before.
One thing I found pretty exciting was knowing that I could walk up to anyone of those military guys or girls and speak to them, and they would understand every word I said. I was tempted to stop someone just for that reason, but I didn't. I didn't realize how much I would appreciate that until it was gone!

No comments: